I'm not sure how its possible, but the weeks leading up to Christmas somehow go by insanely fast and drag quite a bit at the same time. I think it has something to do with the fact that I have a lot going on socially (holiday parties, seeing friends and family--all things I love!), and I have a lot less going on at work (also thankful for this, but it does make for longer days). Its such a balance, but I know once work picks back up in the New Year, I'll be wishing for a little more time like right now!
I have one gift left to buy for John for Christmas, and cards to address and mail out, but other than that I am finished with all my Christmas prep! I decided to wait until I arrive at my parents house next week to do my real giftwrapping since everything will look prettier if it hasn't spent a 6 hour drive to my parents house in my car. Fresh wrapping is always best. So, the only thing I am really dreading in the next few weeks is the long, boring drive to NC. At least I have Bojangles to look forward to during the drive, and then a few days off to spend with my favorite NC people. A road trip to Winston-Salem might even be necessary.
I hope y'all have a great weekend and do something Christmasy to enjoy this most wonderful time of the year!
No comments:
Post a Comment