Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Good things (and bad spending habits)

Hi Friends! I hope y'all are having a great week so far and looking forward to the weekend as much as I am. I enjoyed myself (probably a little too much) last weekend...why can't every weekend be four days long? Sigh. In my four days off, I went to a 4 year old Fairy Tale Glam birthday party, shopped (a lot), did my taxes and enjoyed some laziness around the house.

My co-worker Kelly and I took up trip up to our favorite outlets in Dawsonville, GA on Monday, and the sales were incredible. I spent too much, but I got so much for what I did spend. Including but not limited to a new black leather bag from Kate Spade--how is it possible that I have never owned a black purse before?--and some KS jewelry, a few tops from Banana and a skirt from Loft, and bascially an entire new spring wardrobe in bright, gorgeous colors from J. Crew. No one does spring clothes like J. Crew! I'm going to have fun styling some of my new pieces and incorporating them with things I already owned. Also got a very cute hot pink dress that might be perfect for Julie's rehearsal dinner!

So, for the rest of February, and probably March too, I'm back on the no shopping kick. It should be pretty easy to stick to after getting all those new items last week. I'm really looking forward to doing some traveling for work again (yay!) in the next few weeks, and saving some money while I travel. I'm also excited about booking a few vacations, too. I just can't make it through the weeks quite as well without a great trip to look forward to. So far, I've got a mountain weekend in March, a wedding week (eek!) in March, and a trip to Canada with my parents in the summer. I really want to add a beach trip with John, a trip to Disney and maybe a trip up to CT/NYC to visit Kristin as well. So much fun to look forward to :)

No comments: