I turned 26 on Monday, and it was a really wonderful (grown up) kind of birthday. I spent the first half of the weekend in Winston-Salem at homecoming at Wake Forest. I got to see some of my nearest and dearest friends who I unfortunately don't get to see all that often. It was fabulous. Even though the weather was slightly scorching (read: sunburn) for the game, the Deacs won and fun was had by all! We did a little tailgating, a little going out and general reminsicing and enjoying beautiful Winston. I'll go ahead and announce via the blog that W-S has officially moved up to the #1 spot of where I'd like to be living. And I will live there again one day. Can't wait for that day :)
I spent the second half of my lovely birthday at home with my parents. I took two days off from work (hooray!) and was generally lazy at home, hanging out with mom and dad and my grandparents. I also officially entered the Land of Old People because I was thrilled that my parents got me a brand new Dyson vacuum for my birthday. Who is excited about getting a vacuum as a gift? This girl.
I've really been prolonging the birthday feeling, too. It all started last Tuesday when John and I went to the Ben Folds Five concert at the Tabernacle in downtown Atlanta as a little pre-birthday gift. We both had a truly awesome time at the show. I also plan to prolong through this weekend, because we've got big plans to hit up Six Flags on Friday night, and I really want to go to South City Kitchen for my "real" birthday dinner. So all in all, its more like a two week celebration of Brittany. And I love it :)
So far being old isn't too bad!
No comments:
Post a Comment