1. Budget for myself. I have never made a budget before. I think that I'm pretty financially savvy, and I never overspend and still do manage to save a little, even without a budget. But I know that I could be doing so much better. I was going to build my own elaborate program in Excel, but yesterday my co-worker introduced me to Quicken, and I'm going to try to set that up for myself today!
2. Save more, shop less (I don't want to become a crazy hoarder). See number one.
3. Lose 15 pounds. I know, I know...blah blah blah. But I really am finally mentally ready to make a lifestyle change. I want to eat healthier to have more energy, and go outside walking around the neighborhood once it gets warmer. No more being stuck inside my apartment all the time. I'm going to attempt the gym 3 times a week (even though I hate it...but I figure this will give me an excuse to buy more mags), and then hopefully some pilates in my apartment a couple of nights a week. Hopefully I'll tone up and lose a few pounds pretty fast!
4. Be a better friend/correspondent. I am horrible at calling and returning calls, and sending notes to friends. I dearly love my friends and think about them all the time. I need to show them more! And I have unlimited long distance on my home phone now--so out of town friends, get the number and use it!
5. Enjoy making my apartment more homey. I love living alone and being alone a lot of the time, so its weird to admit that I don't feel that "at home" in my place. I hang out there, wasting time in between seeing friends. I watch a lot of tv. And thats about it. This year I want to make little changes, maybe change some decorations to make myself feel more at home. This also includes cleaning more (I'm bad about leaving dishes in the sink...) and trying new recipes (I'd love to do 2 or 3 meals a month of all new things).

What are your changes/goals/resolutions? I'd love to hear!
No comments:
Post a Comment