I'm feeling a little better today about life in general. Still not good by any means, but I haven't cried at all, so that's a start, right? I like being in Auburn this week. It reminds me a lot of home, and I'm not sure why. Small southern town with a college, I guess? Although Auburn is definitely bigger than Wake Forest. I like the brick architecture in the downtown area, the boutiques and all the trees. As I was walking down the sidewalk this morning to get into the building here, it was literally silent. That never ever happens in Atlanta. Too many drivers and pedestrians and cars honking and...just too much sometimes. But this town is really lovely.
I'm enjoying being on my own this week, mostly because I only socially interact on the phone with my parents or John or friends at night. I wouldn't be able to keep up a peppy facade this week for my co-workers, and I'm glad I don't have to. I can spend me time working and take breaks when needed. I even did a little shopping at lunch and picked up a very cute skirt. There's a cure for the blues afterall.
I'm mentally moving on more about my car, I guess. I've started researching others online and looking around parking lots and on the street for ones I like. I'm looking forward to maybe driving some this weekend. Just need to work out insurance first...sigh. As for tonight, I may go to the mall, I may swim in the pool, I may research more pretty cars online. We shall see.
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment