I've been floundering on being healthier and losing weight for a while now. I will give myself credit though--while I haven't really lost any weight yet, I have turned my eating habits around. I've eliminated almost all packaged foods from my grocery shopping, and pretty much buy only fresh fruits and vegetables, yogurt, and cheese for during the week. I've also pretty much eliminated any mid-week dining out (hello, Target personal pan pizzas from Pizza Hut). The problem is, I'm still a little bit of a couch potato and I haven't seen any weight-loss results. Ugh. Week before last I went to the gym 5 days in a row! Last week: once.
In order to make my weight loss goal (which happens to be 10 pounds by Christmas, very do-able) I have to be better about making the gym a routine. I'll be going tonight, and hopefully having another 5 day gym week!
I'm also working on eating better at lunch and dinner. I've got breakfast down--usually a bowl of oatmeal with raisens or fruit and yogurt. Lunch is usually alright too--I've been eating a lot more salad lately, but sometimes I still splurge in the cafeteria at work. Dinner/night time can be bad too. I might be eating healthy things, but I tend to eat a lot of them. Yogurt and cereal and fruit and cheese...all at the same time. So I've created a little bit of a meal plan for myself for the week, and I'm going to make a weight watchers soup tonight! I'll report back on how it turns out.
Hope you all had a great long weekend, I know I did! I ate a whole lobster for the first time, went to Callaway Gardens, did some shopping and spent a lot of quality time with John. It was fun :)
No comments:
Post a Comment