Wednesday, May 11, 2011

London Calling

Every afternoon when work is almost over I cannot wait to get back to my house. I'm in love! I used to almost dread going home to my apartment, I felt like it was sort of sucking the life out of me. It was so dark, and 2.5 years spent in a one bedroom apartment was about 6 months too long. I just adore my new place so much--its bigger, more homey, prettier and much friendlier than my old place. The fact that it's two levels make a huge difference, and I've already met 4 or 5 of my neighbors. I met one neighbor in the 2.5 years I lived in the apartment--just one! So far everything is better, and I can't wait for more friends to come for a visit and hang out with me there, since I may never leave!

Unfortunately, I'm going out of town for work next week (boo), and then Mom and I are finally leaving on our trip to London! I am so excited for this trip. I really haven't even taken much time to think about it or get excited for it because so, so much has been going on. But as of yesterday, I'm in full trip planning mode. I've been to London twice before, so I feel pretty comfortable making my way around and knowing what is important for me to see and do. Do any of you have any suggestions for me, though? I'd love to hear if you do!

I think Mom and I have a lot of the standard tourist attractions on our list again, along with purchasing plenty of royal wedding souvenirs, seeing Mousetrap and taking a day trip to Stonehenge. So. Excited.

No comments: