Monday, July 11, 2011

Weekend recap

Today is one of those days when I feel like I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. It was a good one though! I went to Knoxville, TN with John to visit one of his good friends. He hosted a huge low country boil and a major corn hold tournament. Lots of fun was had and lots of good food was eaten! I even ate crawfish (whole) for the first time! I wish I'd taken pictures but alas, I was happily without my blackberry for the day. I also got to (finally) catch up with Kristin on the phone this weekend, which was a treat. I am so terrible at calling her/returning her calls, but every time we talk I remember why I love her so much! Someone please remind me to call her more often. Lastly, I held a baby for the first time on Friday!

As for other news, there really isn't much. Sarina is coming to visit Atlanta this weekend and I am SO excited! My aunt, uncle and cousin are also coming to visit (at the same time), so hopefully i'll be able to juggle everyone. The only plan so far is a Braves game Saturday night with the whole gang, including a post-game B-52s concert. Yes please!

I've also put myself on a no-shop diet for the next month. June's credit card bill was a little insane since I rediscovered my love of Lilly (and bought at least 3 different items that I can think of right now), and have started filling in furniture at my new house (I bought a desk and 2 end tables when I was in Raleigh last month--can't wait to Mike and Linda to deliver them!). So alas, no clothes/shoes/jewelry buying this girl until at least August 2nd. Home buying is ok, but only if its to purchase a bed/bedroom set, since I've been on the prowl for that for a while.

Hope y'all had great weekends and are enjoying the summer heat. 99 tomorrow in Atlanta...I'm bracing myself for the worst!

No comments: