Chattanooga was a really nice little trip too. It was mostly work, but my work-homie Kelly and I managed to have some fun too. We walked by the river, ate lots of good food and Moon Pies!Chattanooga is the home of the Moon Pie in case you weren't aware. It was great to get away and have some fun. What a nice little city too! I loved it there.
This weekend was spent hanging around the house with John. He took me to the shooting range for my second time ever to practice, we grilled out and even did some jogging together. I have never been a runner before (read: I have never ever run before in my life), so its a slow go for me to build up my running stamina, but I think I can already tell a difference in my abilities just in the past couple weeks. I'm so glad now that the time has changed and the weather is warm, I can try to run outside most days after work. I really want to sign up for the Peachtree Road Race 10k in July--if I am able to run half and walk the other half at a decent pace, I'll be really happy with myself. I'm just excited to find something that I actually enjoy doing to work out and to get me out of the house. And of course I discover my interest in running outdoors 2 months after I join a gym. Of course.
No comments:
Post a Comment