2012 was a fantastic year. While I'm not sad to say goodbye to it, there are a lot of things to look back on really fondly! I got engaged (eeks, still can't believe that's true), had a great year in my house, a good year at work and generally just feel like I accomplished a lot. A little recap of my side-bar resolutions:
-Lose 10 pounds to reach goal weight. I did it! I am about 10 pounds lighter than I started in 2012. I really want to lose another 5 or so!
-Exercise more often. Mix it up to keep it from getting boring. I did terribly. Joined a gym I never used. Bought the Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis, and didn't start it. That is my number one goal for 2013.
-Work on doing hair more often before work (use Kate Middleton as inspiration). Did ok for a while, and I did change up my haircut a little, but still calling this one a fail.
-Save more money each month. Definitely did this, and I am very happy about it! Paying more on my mortgage every month now :)
-Read more, at least 1 or 2 books per month. Use library more. Fail.
-Buy fewer clothes. Only buy things that I love and are unlike things I already have. Did much better! Still could use some tweaking, but on the right track with shopping.
-Buy quality. See above.
-Take a class. Took two painting classes, as long as you count the ones where you paint and drink wine :)
-Cook more. Meal plan. Didn't do so well on my own, but John and I cooked much more on the weekends.
-Take more photos. Did it, but am terrible at getting them from camera to computer.
-Be a better blogger! Did terribly. Also top of the list for 2013.
-Pay off (or down) car loan. Paid it off about a month ago! Very proud of myself.
-Be less of a consumer. I think I did ok, between shopping and limiting my previously excessive trips to Target. Still could always improve here.
How did you all do? Can't wait to brainstorm and share 2013 resolutions with you all!
Happy New Year's Eve!
No comments:
Post a Comment