Happy New Year, friends! I hope you had a fantastic holiday and are easing back into real life. Its hard. I figured the best way to begin 2013 is a post about my resolutions for this year. 2012 was the first year I made real, accountable resolutions and really tried hard to stick to them. The key--having them listed in a note in my phone, and on the side bar here. Its hard to forget about things when you put it right in front of your face, and that's a good thing. So here is this year's list:
-Lose 10 pounds to reach goal weight. This is a repeat of last year, even though I actually lost 10 pounds in 2012 (yay!). I am so proud of myself, and I really believe I can do 10 more, and maintain that in a healthy way. We'll see how it goes!
-Exercise regularly and more often. Also a repeat, because this was a fail in 2012. I need lots of interesting and fun new workout ideas for this year. This is really my number one goal.
-Work on doing hair more often. Also a repeat and 2012 fail. New goal: really do my hair at least once a week for work.
-Save more money. Perpetual goal that I did well on in 2012. I paid off my car and managed to save enough cushion to pay for a lot of wedding related things without dipping into savings. Definitely want to continue this trend!
-Read more, at least one book per month and use library more. Failed in 2012, but really hopefully for this year.
-Buy fewer clothes, and buy quality. Improved tremendously in 2012, hoping to do even better in 2013.
-Take a class. Last year it was painting, this year I'd love it to be pottery or knitting or cooking.
-Cook more and meal plan. Definitely need to work on this, instead of grazing and having awkward meals of random foods in my house.
-Be a better blogger. This post is a start! I'm also planning a revamp of the look and layout, so please look forward to that.
-See friends more regularly. I want to work on this! I can be such a lame party pooper, but seeing friends makes me so, so happy. I just need a reminder to pull myself out of my hermit-mode sometimes.
-Run the Peachtree. Actually run the whole thing (or at least most!).
-Purge unnecessary items. Clothes, shoes, kitchen stuff, etc. I've got to make room for a whole new person and a dog at my house!
-Use consignment more for clothes. This goes hand in hand with the previous.
-Be more productive and proactive. I can be an incredibly lazy procrastinator. Trying to improve on that.
-Enjoy my engagement and not to stress about wedding planning. I am so lucky to have this special time in my life, and I really want to savor it. No bridezilla here. No matter what happens or goes wrong (things will go wrong, I realize), my day will be magical.
So there it is. Daunting, but doable. I am excited to try!
What are your resolutions for the year?
No comments:
Post a Comment