This week has been ridiculously hot in North Carolina. The high today is around 95, and there isn't a single day in the seven day forecast under 92 (with the highest being around 99 this weekend and in the early part of next week). Great. So much to look forward to--NOT! I realize that I am a Southerner and should be used to this by now. To a certain extent I am--to me an 90° day in July is normal and not unbearable, but once you pass that all bets are off. I like hot weather, but one does not ever really get used to sweating as soon as you walk out of the house at 7 AM. Its just not pleasant, and the humidity hits like a ton of bricks. Its days like today that I thank God for my office job and who ever invented air conditioning (my favorite invention besides the microwave). But alas, tomorrow is the first day of August which means another solid month of heat and humidity that makes me want to go to the beach and never come back. Maybe I will!
Yesterday I did a little shopping/bargain hunting while I was killing time after work and got
some great stuff including: yellow converse shoes at Target with tiny white polka dots for $8!, a really large, blinged out watch (my favorite kind, obviously), and a few birthday gifts for friends. I love power shopping like that! This weekend is tax-free back to school shopping in NC, so i'll probably go out tomorrow afternoon and buy lots more stuff that I don't need, but who cares! Thats why I work haha. Well, shopping and saving up to buy a condo...hopefully sooner rather than later!
some great stuff including: yellow converse shoes at Target with tiny white polka dots for $8!, a really large, blinged out watch (my favorite kind, obviously), and a few birthday gifts for friends. I love power shopping like that! This weekend is tax-free back to school shopping in NC, so i'll probably go out tomorrow afternoon and buy lots more stuff that I don't need, but who cares! Thats why I work haha. Well, shopping and saving up to buy a condo...hopefully sooner rather than later!
1 comment:
When you buy a condo it had better be a two bedroom, because I'm moving in.
:)
ps. those shoes are really really cute. And NC is way hot in the summer. That one summer I spent at Wake for summer school without air conditioning nearly killed me... although I learned to like it, haha.
Post a Comment