I had an excellent long conversation with one of my best friends in the world last night, and its amazing how my mood & outlook on life have already improved. It never ceases to amaze me how simple contact with people my own age (and the people who know me best) can really turn around my life perspective and make me feel normal again. Well, as normal as possible.This summer has been a long, emotional, and at times depressing, transition from college to "real person" life. My usually happy-go-lucky attitude seemed to take a vacation, and leave me lonely and longing to go back to school. But, now that its practically August, I think I've finally made it through the toughest part and I'm really starting to adjust to--and even like--my life right now. My day job could be better (I'm working on that) and I need to get out more (I'm trying to work on that too), but I really shouldn't complain as much as I do. So thanks to K for making me feel better about life and sharing complaints with me. Can't wait to do it more regularly.
Note on the picture: I don't care if its corny, I like it anyway:)
____________________________________________
In other (happier) news: I listen to an awesome radio station at work that plays tons of EnVogue and Christina Aguilera music all day long. Just a few minutes ago they actually played Backstreet Boys "I Want It That Way" AND Maya "Case of the Ex" (phenomenal middle school song if you don't remember). Theres really nothing exciting to say about this, accept for the fact that it reaffirms my lifelong love of teeny bopper music. I love it now and I always have...and I'm pretty sure I always will. I actually like the Jonas Brothers for God's sake, and I'm not afraid to admit it!
1 comment:
Yay! I love you!
This just reminded me of you:
http://dearsugar.com/1823337
um, I think this may turn out to be us.
Post a Comment