Thursday, July 17, 2008

Favorites


1. Red Velvet Cake. Everyone who knows me knows my love for this delectable creation. One of my co-workers brought in a red velvet cake to share this morning, and I can safely say that there is no better breakfast on earth. Not only is it yummy, but also gorgeous too! And its not just me who is slightly obsessed. The NY Times published this article about it, saying “It’s the Dolly Parton of cakes: a little bit tacky, but you love her.” There is even a memorable quote in Steel Magnolia's, one of the best Southern movies of all time: "The groom's cake! It's awful...it's in the shape of a giant armadillo. Worse, the cake part is red velvet. People are going to be hacking into this poor animal that looks like it's bleedin' to death!"
It's probably time for my second helping of the day.
A few other of my current favorite things:
2. The Hermes Birkin bag. I don't really need to explain this one.
3. Beach music/shag dancing. I'm going to an outdoor concert tonight that should be a lot of fun!
4. Visits from friends.
5. Lipton green tea with honey and lemon.
6. Taking pictures everywhere I go.
7. Sale shopping!
8. Craft projects.
9. Watermelon. Yummm.
10. C.O. Bigelow Restorative Hair Mask. Its a miracle worker.
And a few dislikes of the moment:
1. Traffic.
2. People who put fake bullet hole stickers on the back of their car.
3. Humidity.
4. Dieting/working out. Eww.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Red Velvet cake is the most delicious thing ever. Thank you so much for introducing me to it! I also agree with the rest of your list. I wish I was there to shag with you! Although I never really fully learned how.

Kristin said...

Oh, also, I'm going to have to rent Steel Magnolias tonight. I LOVE that movie.