Today is a very exciting day in my new career: I got my first box of business cards! I feel very official and will probably send them out in the mail to everyone I know just because I can.
Last night I went out to the Hard Rock Cafe in downtown Atlanta. It was my first time taking the train by myself to really go out at night, and it was surprisingly fun. I was meeting a friend from Wake and some of her friends, but I got there about a half hour before they did, so I sat at the bar and had a "purple haze" drink--pretty amazing. I love the fact that I've gotten comfortable enough to hang out like that by myself. Once the group got there we had dinner and hung out watching the awesome music videos around the restaurant (including: Will Smith and the Cranberries. Awesome). I feel proud of myself for navigating my way there and back by myself and for getting out of the apartment on a weeknight. Progress!
Friday night I have plans to go out for a celebration/engagement dinner. I am so excited! I also can't wait to try the french brasserie that we're going to. Should be delicious.
Still no real plans for New Years Eve. It is one of my least favorite holidays. To me, it's like going to the Prom. Too much anticipation and too high expectations--no one ever has as good a time as they expect. I may call my one friend in Atlanta and see what she's up to. She was talking about going to the Peach Drop (gotta love the peach obsession) downtown, and I may go with her. Otherwise I'll be having a low key night by myself, which actually might be preferable. Definitely more relaxing and warmer!
3 comments:
I got your present last night, thanks so much! When I opened the box everything smelled soooo good! I made a cup of the coffee this morning and it was delicious. I can't believe you remembered my favorite body wash, and I love the little necklace.
xoxoxoxo
Kristin
ps. New Year's sucks. Stay home, people are ridiculous. Haha although I'll be going to a concert... I think that's a much better plan than going to a club like all the other asshole New Yorkers.
pps. I'm so proud of you and your business cards!
Yay i'm glad you liked everything. I bought some of the coffee for myself too...yumm. And yes New Years sucks, but the concert sounds awesome! Can't wait to hear all about it:)
Post a Comment