Today is the end of a lovely weekend. I was secretly sort of dreading the weekend, because that's the time when I have more than 48 hours to be by myself. Totally. And while weekends are nice, its hard to enjoy that much alone time, without being face to face with anyone. But, alas, I didn't have to worry about that this weekend:) Friday night Claire called me and we went out for dinner at this great bar/restaurant in Atlanta called the Vortex. Really weird place--blaring music, tattooed and pierced waitress, and any kind of crazy hamburger that you can possibly imagine. One was called the "double bypass burger": 2 fried eggs, 3 pieces of cheese, 5 slices of bacon, the hamburger patty and instead of 2 buns, its held together with two grilled cheese sandwiches. EWW. Also, the "Elvis burger": peanut butter, bananas, mayo and the hamburger patty. Just, wow. We had something less exciting, but it was really good. Afterwards we walked around the neat little area of town and went into a couple crazy thrift shops. So much fun. I can't wait to go back there in the day time some weekend so I can actually get into all the stores before they close.
Friday night my parents called me to tell me they were coming down for the weekend too. I was really surprised that they wanted to drive all this way--especially when I'll be home in two days for Christmas. But, they are great, and they drove down early on Saturday morning. Even better, they showed up at my door with takeout from the Varsity for lunch. Yummy. I finally got my couch on Saturday, too! Now I have an actual living room. My parents helped me put up my giant photo of Paris from Ikea behind my couch, so everything looks really great now. I'll have to take a couple new pictures to post.
Yesterday I went to the grocery store for supplies to make my chocolate chip pound cake for my coworkers tomorrow. Also, we braved the weekend-before-Christmas crowds and went to the mall. It was pretty packed, but not as bad as I would've thought. It was even better because we took the train and didn't have to fight for a parking space. I got some really pretty Christmas decorations on sale at Crate and Barrel, so now my place is slightly more festive. I can't wait to go back to mall for what I'm hoping will be great after Christmas sales. I've been so good--no clothes shopping for over a month! So i'll definitely deserve some gifts for myself after the holiday.
Time to get back to work. Only 2.5 days in the office, then on a plane back to NC!
2 comments:
I can't wait for tomorrow to be over. Because then it's Christmas time!
I heart you.
Hey, I'm your fan club president too!!
Post a Comment