Thursday, October 8, 2009

Greetings from (almost) the Great White North

Hello dear readers from Minnesota! I've been here all week for work, and I've been freezing my butt off. Its in the 30s and 40s here this week, and we all know that I don't deal well with cold. Especially not in the first week of October. Minneaplois is definitely a nice place--I like the downtown, the art institute and the Mall of America (I even got to see where Mary Tyler Moore threw her hat into the air on the show!). But I know that I could never survive the cold.

I am SO EXCITED right now for one very special reason: homecoming at Wake this weekend!! I haven't been to Winston since last November. Something totally unthinkable while I was spending a lovely 4 years of my life there. I can't wait to go back to campus, see the football game, cheer for the Deacs, and hang out with a few of my nearest and dearest. I can't wait! If only all my favorites could be there...sigh. Maybe one day when we all have tons of expendable income we can come and go for reunions as we please :) Now, all I have to do is not miss my plane and get myself back to NC!


And in other news, I'm feeling pretty good about life for various reasons. Sometimes it takes a totally new person or situation to be able to kick the past to the curb. I've been having a great time meeting new people and seeing that there really is more out there than I let myself believe sometimes. Like K and I were talking about on the phone last night--we're both finally getting little tastes of what we deserve, and its giving us faith that something really wonderful is on the horizon. How exciting! All we have to do is not let our crazy brains take over!

I hope you all have a lovely weekend, and hopefully I'll be back to more regular blogging next week!

No comments: