Monday, March 15, 2010

Flowers are blooming!

Yes, you heard right.I've been seeing beautiful red bud trees and cherry blossoms and daffodils for about a week now. Hooray, I love spring! Unfortunately this weekend was not very spring-like. It was gray and dreary and a little cold. I actually love this weather usually, but I was really looking forward to some warmth and a little outside time. Oh, well. Hopefully there will be lovely weather next weekend!

Last week was full of work, and it was a 5 day week! Phew, i'm glad I made it. I'm not used to being at work for an entire week :) The weekend was really nice, though. John met me lunch at the Vortex on Friday while I was at work, and we only got mildly drenched from the rain on the way back. Friday night I lounged at home and enjoyed some rainy weather downtime. Saturday I had a great massage, then went down to John's house where we contemplated bowling, but decided we would rather go show shopping instead (his idea, not mine, but of course I wouldn't turn it down!). We ate some crappy BBQ (I have yet to go to an actual good BBQ restaurant since I moved to GA), and watched a movie on the couch. Sunday we went out for brunch (4 course brunch at Ruby Tuesday, very tasty!) and were lazy again. I hope next weekend we can use our tennis rackets when he comes over to my place.

I'm also incredibly excited because in a mere 6 days from now, I will be in sunny California! YAY! I am so thrilled I cannot even desribe it to you. I need to start planning some outfits and researching a few restaurants. If any of you has been to San Francisco or LA, send ideas my way! Let the countdown begin!

I hope everyone is having a lovely Monday, and survived daylight savings time (I detest springing forward...where did my hour of sleep go??). xoxo

No comments: