I'm finally back to feeling like myself after a bout with something terrible from Sunday to Tuesday. I even missed two days of work in a row. That never happens!
I had a fabulous weekend in Raleigh. Saw Be and Erin and Tiffany and Sara. All of the above visits were wonderful. I loved going out to the Hive in downtown with the Wake girls, I loved shopping at Swoozie's (even though its closing!) with SCD, and I loved catching up over coffee with Brittany--even though I was completely devastated to have received a speeding ticket on Six Forks Rd. within sight of North Hills. Side note for any of you Raleigh friends: if you had to guess what the speed limit is on SF Rd. near North Hills, what would you guess? I would guess 45mph. So would my mom and dad. And if you did too, you can join the WRONG club. It's 35mph. That sucks. But anyway, a great weekend with my parents and grandparents and friends and the WF town booksale(!) made it all better.
Speaking of the booksale, you all will be very jealous of the books I got for a mere $6. I purchased the following: Eat, Pray, Love, which Sara tells me I must read; The Sweet Potato Queens Big Ass Cookbook and Financial Planner (I cannot recommend the Sweet Potato Queen books enough...they are hilarious and make me proud to be a Southern woman, and they can brighten up even the absolute worst of days); Alphabet Weekends (know nothing about it, but the cover was cute, and that goes a long way with me); Isle of Palms (just read a recommendation for it in Real Simple magazine); and last but not least, Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook Deceptively Delicious. I can't wait to dive into all this great stuff. What a steal!
This weekend I am really excited about celebrating John's birthday. I got him a new charcoal grill (really, this is a gift for me too :), some lovely grill tools (another amazing bargain from Homegoods) and tickets to see Avenue Q in a couple of weekends. I'm not really concerned about spilling the beans early, because I know he would never read this anyway :) Happy Birthday to my favorite on Monday!
I'm also excited about hopefully seeing my Marietta friends on Friday night (especially since I was sick and missed the Cinco de Mayo party...), going to a moustache party on Saturday night, and perhaps even some strawberry picking at some point. What are you all looking forward to? Happy almost weekend!
1 comment:
Its always been 35mph (well, as long as i can remember), from the time you cross Millbrook down to the lower part of Six Forks (after 440) where it goes up to 40. Admittedly, I'm usually doing 45 or 50 to keep up with traffic, but if there's light traffic or its late at night, the most I'll do along that stretch is 40. That sucks though. At least you didn't get caught by the red light camera too! Hope it gets sorted out for you!
Post a Comment