I am happy to report that, for the most part, I am feeling like my old self again for the first time since my Grand Theft Auto on Sunday. I am feeling positive and upbeat--and its not just becase of the shopping I did yesterday (although that didn't hurt, did it?).
I bought a gorgeous little hand embroidered skirt at a very cute Auburn boutique called Therapy yesterday on my lunch break. I also managed to get myself over to the mall last night and went crazy at Loft. They had such good things on final clearance at this location! I picked up super cute navy and white shorts, a nice pair of khaki pants, very comfy jean capris and a big comfy black chunky knit cardigan for the cool fall air (whenever that finally rolls around--its 96 degrees here today and I do not remember what cool air feels like). I also got some delicious Japanese steakhouse takeout for myself and enjoyed a nice morning walk around my hotel today. I am starting to think that a morning walk might be the best way to start every day--although walking around Atlanta would not be nearly as pleasant as it is here. Auburn is so peaceful and pretty. I'm going to try to take some photos today at lunch so y'all can share what a beautiful day we're having here!
I've also been thinking lots about new cars. The more I think about it, the more excited I get at the prospect of actually picking something out myself and making this (large) purchase on my own. Of course, I miss my Jeep. Of course I wish every minute that I could get it back. But alas, I doubt that will happen, so I'm attempting to make the best out of it. A few front runners of my search include: Ford Escape, Mazda Tribute, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Toyota Highlander. There's also some sort of Acura SUV that I was loving in the hotel parking lot this morning, but I think that may be out of my price range. Autotrader.com, here I come! If any of you out there have other suggestions in my search for a small to midsize SUV, please let me know!
Enjoy the day!
2 comments:
Hey girl! We have both a Mazda Tribute and a Ford Escape. We are selling Josh's tribute soon so that we can buy a larger family vehicle but we love them both! My ford has been good to me!! We found it on craigslist- crazy but it was a STEAL from a guy selling a company car because he was getting another and could buy his old one at a super discount and still sold it to us for much lower than kbb and made a profit. Good luck!!!
Hey! I am sorry about your car... but what a small world.. I went to Auburn! We have switched towns :) Hope you enjoy the 'lovilest village on the plains." Go to Momma G's if you haven't yet. It is amazingly awesome college food!
Post a Comment