Hi friends,
I'll start by apologizing for my lack of posting in the last few weeks, but its been for a good reason. First off, the car situation has been more complicated and frustrating than I could ever have imagined. Everything went so smoothly at the beginning with getting the rental, etc, but things took a turn for the worst right before I should've gotten my money from the (mean, terrible, horrible) insurance company. I spent approximately 8 days of my life in a full on fight with my claims adjuster. I never really knew I could be so mean and bitchy, but it turns out I can! I don't generally like the fact that I had to get the claws out and treat someone else badly, but I would never have done it had he treated me with the respect and helpfulness that I think I deserved. The fact that he low-balled me on my amount really just put me over the edge. But thankfully my bad attitude paid off, and I managed to get another $1,700 dollars out of them! Hooray! Bottom line for those of you out there having to deal with insurance like this in the future: don't be afraid to get ugly and stick up for yourself. Their job is not really to help you, but rather to make money for the company. Keep that in mind.
Needless to say that took up a lot of time and energy. And so has searching for a car online. And waiting for my check in the mail. Sigh. I've seen a few vehicles that I liked, but they've all passed me by while I've been waiting around for my money. Fingers crossed that there will be something around Atlanta this weekend for me, or maybe even something in Raleigh next weekend when I'll be home for a visit. I just never even realized what a process it is to purchase a car. I got preapproved for my loan--but I still have to figure out how they'll get my loan docs and money to me in time to buy the car I want. And if the dealer will let me drive the car off the lot before everything is actually finalized. Because of course to add to the complications, I do not currently have a car--the rental expired on Sunday. And then there's the issue with getting insurance in place. Ugh. Will I ever be able to make this purchase? Its questionable. At least I've decided what I want though: the Honda Pilot! I love it and am very excited to make my purchase (whenever that might be...). I will post plenty of pictures once I finally get one.
As for other life in general, I've just been working and traveling. I went to Nashville for a week (lots of fun) and I'm currently in Pensacola, FL which is gorgeous. I love the white sandy gulf beaches. And contrary to what you might hear on the news--there are no tarballs here! The water is clean and the sand is perfect. Love.
I also had a visit from Sarina this weekend! We had a fabulous time just hanging out and enjoying each other's company. We watched tv, cooked dinner and a fabulous cobbler and even went to the Clermont Lounge. What a weekend. I was also happy that she got to meet John, because they are both very important people in my life. We had fun, and it made me wish so much that she lived closer. I miss her!
What have you all been up to lately? I'm going to get back into posting regularly hopefully, so you can look forward to more trials and tribulations regarding my car purchase, I'm sure!
xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment