Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Redesign

No, not the blog. More like my life...or maybe just my apartment.

I'm actually very content with my life right now. More so than I have been since I moved to Atlanta over a year and a half ago. I feel (slightly) settled and very happy with my friends and boyfriend and career. I wish that I had more time to see friends..this is easily my number one complaint. There are lots of people around the metro area that I love to hang out with, but I don't. Unacceptable! I need to get myself out of my apartment/cave during the weekdays--gasp--and see more people. If you are an Atlanta friend reading this, please help me! I want to see you so much more often, and I promise I have not forgotten about you at all. I'll probably be calling soon to get my social life back in gear.

I'm also getting a little sick of my apartment. Its small and my couch is beige and I can't arrange my living room or dining area any other way than the current set up. Its boring. I think when my lease is up in December, I'll finally be ready to commit and purchase a condo. This scares me a lot, for a variety of reasons, but I think its time to make the leap. Again, friends out there, if you feel like browsing condos on the weekend, hit me up!

Otherwise, life is really great. I am fortunate to be doing what interests me and actually progressing in my job. I know that once September rolls around, it will be December before I know it with all of my work and personal travel. And I'll be another year older, and probably not any wiser, but I like that.

I've been thinking a lot lately about my actual career progression, which is odd. Up until now, finding a job/career was my career progression. Now I'm finding that I can actually pick my own direction and finetune what I like best. It is exciting.

What has been exciting you lately? Anyone else feeling content or not so content with their jobs/significant others/friends?

No comments: