Monday, January 14, 2013

Lazy Weekend

I had another lazy weekend, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. This time I was finished kicking the sickness to the curb. I just spent this weekend trying to get my voice back (finally)! John and I went to Alabama on Saturday to visit his sister and her girls. So much fun. I always love to spend family time with them, and I feel so lucky to have them as my future family! I am so looking forward to having a sister-in-law and nieces--so fun! We arrived just in time to help her with a moving/yard sale they were having, and I love nothing more than a good yard sale, so that suited me just fine. Another perk of visiting them, the West Point Shoe outlet, just over the state line from them in West Point, Georgia. I swear they have the absolute best shoes there (not sure how or where they get them, but they're amazing)--designer, tennis shoes, etc. Everything is a one-off pair, so you have to get lucky to find what you want n your size, but when you get lucky, you get reeeally lucky. This time I got some adorable Tory Burch flats with a sparkly bow on the toe for $70. They currently retail on the TB website for $250. I wasn't lying, the place is a-mazing. Other than that, not much happened this weekend. We rested and relaxed, which was so, so nice.

Wedding-wise, I haven't made much progress since last week. I did order a bunch of free invitation samples online, and I think we have found one in the budget that we like! I also found my wedding shoes :) This probably shouldn't be such a big deal because most people won't even see them, but it was a really important thing for me. I will post more about thos beauties later.

Happy Monday!

No comments: