Monday, July 14, 2008

First Entry!

I've created this blog to keep a few friends updated on my thrilling (not) life as I adjust to being a Real Person. I'll post things that I like & don't like, things I wish for and things that fascinate me, as well as the rest of the random thoughts that pop into my head during my day job. I hope you enjoy!

Here's a little bit about me (stolen from Kristin, thank you very much:):

1. What year was the best year of your life? I don't think its happened yet, but the first half of this year has been pretty fabulous.

2. One animal or insect that Noah should have left off the ark? SPIDERS

3. Do you make a wish before blowing out your birthday candles? Of course

4. Do you generally open your bills on the day that you receive them? Yes, I like to know how much damage I've done.

5. How many pillows are on your bed? 3..I like a fortress around me.

6. Favorite ice cream flavor? Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.

7. What is the most dominate color in your wardrobe?Either black or white.

8. Have you ever seen a ghost?No.

9. Would you rather go to a carnival or circus? Carnival! There's lots of tasty food & rides & games.

10. Favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or dinner?Breakfast!

11. Your favorite fictional animal? Clifford the Big Red Dog.

12. Have you ever flown first-class? Nope.

13. Would you go on a reality show? Depends. If it involved becoming a princess, then DUH.

14. Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about the future? A little of both, but mostly optimistic.

15. Pancakes or waffles? Pancakes for sure!

16. If you could own a home anywhere in the world, where would it be? Definitely London.

17. Your favorite Soup of the Day? Lobster Bisque

18. What site is a must see for all visitors to your city? NC Museum of Art

19. Can you recommend a good restaurant in your city? Lilly's Pizza is the best.

20. You go to the zoo; What is the one animal that you want to see? Giraffes.

21. Potatoes, rice, or pasta; Which is your favorite? Pasta covered in lots of cheese

22. What is the best movie that you've seen this year? I honestly can't remember many, which means they weren't that great. But Get Smart was good.

23. One of your favorite books when you were a child? To Kill a Mockingbird or Eloise!

24. What in your life are you most grateful for? My family.

25. You are home alone and use the bathroom; do you close the door? Nah.

26. What is your favorite small appliance? The pink kitchin aid mixer i'll hopefully be getting soon!

27. Salty snacks or sweet treats? SWEET

28. Are you usually a little early, a little late, or right on time? Perpetually early

29. What is the most daring thing that you have ever done? I really don't know, i'm generally not a "daring" person. But I did yell at my school priest once...he deserved it.

30. Have you ever met someone famous?Yes, a few. Petey Pablo was by far the best.

31. What was one of your favorite games as a child? Candyland for sure.

32. At what age have you looked your best? Hopefully thats in my future too! But maybe 19?

33. One person that never fails to make you laugh? Probably Sara.

34. What was the first music that you ever bought? Hootie & the Blowfish..still the best band ever!

35. If you could change one thing about your family life when you were a child, what would it be?More privacy.

36. What is the one thing that you cook that always receives compliments? Buttermilk poundcake, compliments of Paula Deen.

37. From what news source do you receive the bulk of your news? Wall St. Journal online.

38. In the last calendar year, how many people have you told that you love them? Just a few, mostly family and my close friends.

39. Who received your first kiss? Some kid in preschool I think.

40. The single most important quality in a mate? Trust

41. What do you value most in a relationship? Making the other person laugh. If you can't share a sense of humor about life, you'll never make it.

42. Do you believe that you have a soulmate? Yes.

43. Do you consider yourself well organized? Yep.

44. On average, how many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror? A few. Bascially whenever i'm in the restroom at work or at home.

45. Did you ever make a prank phone call? Oh yeah. I think that was my number one passtime of middle school with Whitney.

46. What one quality do you seek in a friend? Understanding and fun.

47. Have you ever killed an animal? No, but plenty of bugs!

48. When you were twelve years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? A princess.

49. Do you believe in a afterlife? Absolutely.

50. What would you like to accomplish with the remaining years of your life? Grow up, have a family, travel the world and manage investments;)

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Hey!! I am so glad that you started a blog! I'm going to like leaving you little messages! Its funny that you say that your favorite book when you were little was To Kill a Mockingbird, I started re-reading it this weekend. And the pink kitchenaid mixer is fabulous! Mine makes me happy everytime I use it.

You're fabulous!

Kisses!