Monday, July 28, 2008

Home Sweet Home

I must admit that Raleigh has not always been my favorite place in the world (and I guess it still isn't, but its definitely moved up on the list). This morning I read an article in the local paper about how Raleigh is now officially the #1 best place to live (on some possibly subjective MSNBC list). Apparently its also Racheal Ray's #1 place for singles (who let her make a list?) and its the #4 best "gay ghetto" according to GayRealEstate USA (very interesting and hilarious). I guess its hard for me to see Raleigh as somewhere that thousands of people want to live because I've been stuck here my whole life. My friends and I used to complain about how boring it was and how there was never anything cool or exciting to do. Now that we're all older, we can appreciate the great bar scene downtown and the excellent boutique shopping, as well as all the great upscale restaurants that have opened in Raleigh in the past few years. I know I appreciate the city more now that I've lived in Winston-Salem for the past four years, and have recently moved back. There's actually plenty of fun things to do, great people to meet and excellent places to go out. So next time I complain about Raleigh, I'll just remember that I'm supposedly living in the #1 city for singles...what could be better? Haha.

________________________________________

As for the weekend, I didn't do much of anything worthwhile. I saw Mamma Mia yesterday which was actually pretty great. Not a cinematic masterpiece or anything, but I love muscials and it didn't let me down. Meryl Streep's hair really got on my nerves for the majority of the movie, but I got to look at Colin Firth and Pierce Brosnan for a solid hour and a half, so everything was fine by me. I also had some great Mexican food last night (my favorite), so yesterday was a great day. And I spent most of Friday afternoon with J, which was really nice since he's leaving town again today.

Goals for the week:
1. Relax.
2. Catch up with friends.
3. Study for the GMAT (ugh...maybe not).

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I really want to see Mama Mia.

If you study for the GMAT I'll study for the LSAT. Deal?

I'm going to try calling you tonight.

Stargazing said...

Raleigh is the #1 place for singles? Hot dog! Maybe Ashley and I need to move down there with you. Because DC must be first on the 'Singles Stay Away, You Will Be Alone Forever' list. I'm not bitter. I watched Arsenic and Old Lace last night and have decided that's what I aspire to be.

Kristin said...

Um, I just woke up. I can't believe you're at work already. So early!

xo