Went to the grocery store last night, and loved the fact that the store had stocked up on bread, milk, and they had even moved cases of bottled water to the front of the store. Gotta love hurricane season in the South. Hopefully it won't actually be horrible, but I guess it is supposed to rain for the next few days. Blah. This morning I turned down that job offer I had mentioned earlier. After too much thinking about it, my gut feeling kept saying no. Even my parents agreed that I made the right decision in declining, so I definitely feel good about it. Yesterday afternoon I had a great interview with the place I'd LOVE to work. A few minutes after that, I got a call from a family friend who's the president of a bank in VA. He told me that his bank has an opening that i'd be great for, so now i've got another phone interview there next week. So, me being the fate-believer that I am, I took all that as I sign that there's definitely bigger and better things on the horizon. And now i'm a baller who turns other people down, instead of vice versa:)
Today i'm not feeling so hot. I'm sticking it out here at the day job as long as I can, but i'm not sure i'm going to stay all day. I might just need a sleeping/tylenol/hot chocolate afternoon, or if it gets worse I might drag myself to my favorite urgent care that brought me back to life after mono. We shall see.
Overall, i'm feeling pretty great about life. Lots of new possibilities, which could include moving out on my own to a new place, and maybe reuniting with some friends who I would absolutely love to see. And my birthday is in 20 days, and i've been thinking about what kind of spectacular celebration I want. Can't wait!
Side note: I definitely heard Darius Rucker's (aka Hootie) new country cong on the radio this morning...tear.
No comments:
Post a Comment