
My new city: Atlanta!
So, I know it has been absolutely FOREVER since my last entry. I apologize. Lots of craziness has been going on in the past month, which I will now quickly recap.
1. Worked at that bank job in Raleigh (that I was so thrilled to get) for all of 1 month. 4 whole weeks of my life, and then I quit my very first real person job to accept my very second real person job. Bigger and better things. I like to think of this as sprinting up the corporate ladder.
2. Uprooted (fairly abruptly) from the only city, and the only state I've ever lived in, to move 7 hours away by myself. Scary!
3. Managed to move into my new apartment and get settled in about 4 days while my parents were here. Then started my new job the very next Monday (a week and a half ago now).
Luckily i'm really loving it here so far. I ride the train to and from work everyday (i'm a city person now!), and my commute takes all of 15 minutes. I've met so many new people in my co-workers, a couple of my neighbors in my apartment complex and friends of a friend from Wake. It has definitely been a somewhat lonely adjustment to living alone, but it has gone surprisingly better than I would have guessed. Maybe i'm more brave and independent than I like to give myself credit for? I like to think so:) I love working in the city, and looking out my high up window view to see the tall buildings all around me. I love eating in the cafeteria in my building and grocery shopping just for me. And, although I haven't ventured out to the amazing malls here by myself yet, i'm pretty positive i'm going to love that too. Next on my to do list: buy a membership to the fantastic High Museum of art so that I can go whenever I want and see all the special exhibits anytime. Art museums make me happy, and I really think that's something i'll enjoy doing on my own.
Now i'm enjoying some delicious apple cider at my desk and taking a quick break from my work. Sorry it took me so long to update, but i'll definitely be more regular about it from now on!
2 comments:
you are alive!!! Yay!!!
A new post! Woot! Glad you're doing so well!
Post a Comment