Monday, July 13, 2009

Reunited, and it feels so good...

Ok, maybe not quite yet, but in just a few hours Kristin will be here! And she'll be here for the entire week!! For those of you who don't live alone, you can't fully appreciate the knowledge of having someone to hang out with and talk to any time I want for a whole week! Aside from the fact that I have missed Kristin ridiculously and we don't get to see each other nearly enough since she graduated, I'm just happy to have company in general:)

I had a pretty good weekend overall. Thursday, after getting back early from Alabama, I had dinner downtown (delicious Italian food...Azio's, I believe) with the lovely Kathryn from Wake. She was in town for a couple of days for work, and it was wonderful to see her and catch up on Calloway gossip for the past year. As always, its nice to have some Wake Forest time in Atlanta...doesn't always happen often enough.

Friday, I left the house only twice: once in the morning to go to McDonald's for hotcakes (I watched an episode of Sabrina the Teenage Witch where she was addicted to pancakes, and I was hooked), and again in the evening for my friend Acree's house-warming party. Otherwise I was a complete waste of space. Acree's party was so great. It was nice to see her new townhouse and meet her fun friends, but mostly it was just nice to see her. I have known her since we were 5 years old, and there is really no replacement for an old friend. We haven't kept up well in the past few years, but I still feel like I know her so well and am so comfortable talking to her about anything. We had a nice long chat in the wee hours of the morning, and I'm just so happy to have her here and know that she's there when I need an old friend!

Saturday was an equally lazy day spent mostly watching What Not To Wear and Say Yes To the Dress all afternoon. Saturday night I met up with a couple of my Marietta friends, had dinner and watched Rachel Getting Married and drank lots of yummy wine. The movie was pretty good, just totally not what I expected from Anne Hathaway. She's obviously very talented, but I wasn't really prepared for something so dark/dramatic. I wanted a pretty princessy movie like her usual!

Sunday I finally decided to be productive, so I got up and drove up to Marietta again to go to Bojangles and Walmart for lots of groceries. I stocked up on lots of good stuff, came home to unpack it all, went to Lenox for a new watch battery (and did some spur of the moment clothes shopping at Urban Outfitters while I was there...oops) and went to my massage appointment. I had a new masseuse yesterday and he was amazing. My back is ridiculously sore today, but thats exactly what I needed. Maybe a soak in the tube tonight will be a good thing:) I also made a trip to Bed Bath & Beyond, finally went back home to put away laundry from Friday (oops again) and went over to Claire's for dinner. On my way home, Atlanta experienced Noah's Flood, Part 2. I have never in my life driven in such rain. And apparently the city has horrible drainage, because there were times when so much water was on the road and falling from the sky that I literally couldn't see out my windshield. I love rainstorms, but I don't like driving in them. It did make for nice background noise last night, though.

Tonight I need to pay a few bills, run a few errands and tidy up a little before my lovely guest arrives. I've been having a little bit of a rough day and had a couple not-so-fun moments over the weekend, which makes her arrival even better. Its frustrating, because I thought I'd been doing so well. Granted, this was my first extra-long weekend by myself with no real plans in more than a month, so I knew it would be interesting to see how it went. Not as well as I might have hoped, but I made it and that's the important part.

Hmm, I didn't realize this post was going to be such a novel. Oh, well. For now I'm back to work and can't wait to see K tonight. I hope you all had fabulous weekends too!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Can't wait to see you either!