Tuesday, October 20, 2009

New layout!

I hope you all enjoy my gorgeous new fall/winter layout...it was time to ditch the beach (sadly). I think it looks very nice, and I must say I'm proud of my technical abilities!

Nothing much new to report on as of late. I had a nice, relaxing weekend. I had a celebrity sighting of Cee-lo from Gnarls Barkley at Brio last Thursday! I was so excited! The dinner was delicious too. Friday I went to Rosa Mexicana at Atlantic Station for the first time (table-side guacamole=heaven) and saw Where the Wild Things Are (a little depressing, but I enoyed it...especially considering I remember nothing about the book). The company was lovely for both meals, too :) Saturday was spent cleaning, organizing, watching football and drinking wine...a fabulous day. As for Sunday, I barely even left my apartment all day except to go to the gym (yay me) and to go to Publix because I wanted to buy a gallon of sweet tea. It's the little things in life..

I'm currently on a little bit of a health kick, which is good for me. I've been to the gym 2 days in a row now, and fully intend on going again tonight, or at least walking outside for a good half hour. I'm sick of sitting on my butt at night and eating crap all the time. No more! I'll update with my progress..hopefully this is a good sign since I haven't even eaten my way through Thanksgiving yet, and I'm already inspired. I also signed up for a Zumba workout class at work, which should be really fun. Hopefully I can stay motivated!

Overall, life is very good. Meeting lots of new people has been fun, but semi-exhausting. I've been loving going out more and discovering new restaurants lately though. Tons of fun. I'm enjoying being in Atlanta without much travel for a while, and actually seeing friends and hanging out on the weekends again. I didn't have enough of that during the month of September. One thing I definitely do want to complain about: the sudden onset of winter. We went straight from 80 degrees to 45...something is wrong with that. I actually had to wear a winter coat yesterday and today. Ridiculous. I need at least a few more skirt days before everything turns frigid for the long haul.

Alas, that's my life at the moment. I'm also trying to think of some fun craft ideas--anything I can do indoors to prepare for the loooong winter ahead (yes, I realize I live in the deep south, but its still cold here!). Ideas are welcomed and appreciated. xoxo

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I really like the new background! Knitting is really fun, pretty easy and great for winter.