Monday, April 19, 2010

Happy Monday (for real!)

So, yet again, I have been neglecting the poor blog. But I promise that it is for good reason. Last week I was out of town for work (and very, very busy), so there was no time for any life musings or updates about my general fabulousity (ha!). And then early Friday morning--as in midnight--I was stricken with the plague. Still not sure what was wrong, but it was neither fun nor pleasant. Thank goodness for my coworkers who drove me back home and put up with my grossness for the ride back. Once I made it into my bed around 2:30 pm, I did not get back out until around 8:30 the next morning. Luckily, I'm back to normal now :)

So, there's not much to update on as of late. I have not made any fabulous purchases, or crafted anything, or reorganized my house at all. Although, I started on a closet overall/shoe organization effort last night. Maybe if it turns out really well I'll post pics when I'm done. There's nothing like a well-organized closet to brighten up a day. There are a few things on my current wish-list, which include a very cute mint green cardigan from J. Crew,


tickets to Avenue Q for John's birthday, and something else to get him as a gift. Still unsure about that one...feel free to leave comments if you know any guy friendly gifts! I've also been wanting to go back to the wonderful consignment/thrift shops in Chamblee that I posted about a few months back. There might be some treasure waiting to be found. And lastly, I planted a very cute flower pot of petunias (which I got for free!) about a week ago, and I need to pretty up the plain clay put that I bought. Time to bust out the sorority craft supplies, I guess.

One more current goal (which is always a current goal)--be healthier. I've actually gotten a jump start on this because I didn't eat for, oh, about 2.5 days with the sickness. So I'm automatically eating less now, and actually have a reall interest in seriously controlling my portion sizes, and buying healthier, fresh groceries. A trip to Trader Joe's is in order. I even went for a nice walk outside in Piedmont Park today at lunch. Not exactly a workout, but definitely better than just sitting at my desk. I want to start doing that much more often. Any little bit helps!

No comments: