Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Decorating

My parents are coming to visit this weekend, and I'm desperately hoping to get some furniture/other home item shopping done. Items most necessary: new bedroom furniture and a big rug for my living room (and maybe a little rug for my kitchen!). I was originally planning to just buy a bed and maybe a nightstand or two for my guest room, but I've since decided that if I'm going to spend good money on furniture, I might as well spend a little more and get a full set that I love. I'm really hoping I can find something amazing, then move my childhood furniture to the guest room. So far I haven't had much luck--but I did find a set at Ashley Furniture last weekend (that I unfortunately can't find a picture of online). Its dark wood, modern styling, with a cream colored upholstered part of the headboard. Hard to describe, but very pretty in person. I plan to go back to Ashley, probably Rooms To Go and the RTG outlet, and maybe hit Ikea as well.


As for rugs, I like color and pattern...maybe a little too much. But really, is anything ever too much if you really like it? I think not. Here are some favorites I've found:














All rugs are from either Overstock.com or West Elm. I will admit that cruising overstock.com is one of my favorite activities--and the rugs are amazing! Great prices too. I'm just slightly wary of ordering something like a rug online, when really I'd rather shop for it in person to see the color and fabric. West Elm has a store in Atlanta, so hopefully Mom and I will make it there this weekend. Thoughts on the choices?

2 comments:

Rachael L. Anderson said...

I LOVE that second one! Makes me wish I got a design rug than a plain brown one.

Brittany said...

I really like that one too! I'm excited to go browsing this weekend. Once I get everything looking pretty you'll have to come over and check it out!