Last night, I attempted to do a little closet organizing and I realized something in the middle of the overhaul: I'm a hoarder! I had more cardigans than any one person should allowed to own. But, I really like all of them! I couldn't bear to part with any. A couple of weeks ago, I did some cleaning/organizing in my guest room closet (also known as the whole house catch-all). It was then that I discovered I'm also a shopping bag hoarder and a gift wrap hoarder! Luckily I'm less emotionally attached to my gift wrap and shopping bags, so I easily overhauled that closet, and took a couple boxes of crap to the dumpster. I'm not so sure I can/want to do that withmy clothes! Eek.
Talking to Jenn last night, we both decided we needed a little bit of a detox. A food detox for sure, but also a spending detox and shopping detox as well. So alas, since no-shop July didn't work out so well for me, no-shop August in now in full swing. I bought a couple of things last Saturday when mom and daddy were here, so I'm technically starting as of last Sunday (the 7th). Hopefully I can make it to September 7th with no new clothes--especially since I obviously don't need any. Now I just need to find some hobbies/activities to occupy my time in the meantime. Looking forward to doing some new, fun things and saving a little money (or putting more towards my home decor addiction!).
And, of course, there's always the constant battle with food. I was doing really well for a while, but lately I've been eating anything I want and everything in sight. I'm reaching the gross out point again, which is good, because I need that to motivate me. We'll see if I can turn myself around so I'll be skinny soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment