Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Louisiana


I'm in Southern Louisiana this week for work, and having a great time. Unfortunately for my diet, I've been eating everything in sight. Not quite in line with my 2012 goals, but I have been to the hotel gym for the past 2 days (which is 2 days more than I would normally go), so I am feeling a little more proud of myself. Last summer I was in this area--but a little further out into the Bayou, not near civilization, and I bought a local school fundraiser cookbook. I've been reinspired to start using it again. I have eaten some of the most delicious food this week so far (catfish, gumbo, po boys, stuffed crab...and let's not even discuss the bread pudding). Today at lunch I had rice dressing for the first time, and it was insanely good. I think I'm going to try a recipe for it soon once I get home--and maybe attempt to healthify it? We'll see. In the mean time, I'm looking forward to a dinner of fruit and yogurt tonight, and another gym trip :)

No comments: