I can't believe we've almost made it through the end of January already! Atlanta has been really lucky so far, weather-wise. Only a few really cold days, but mostly in the 50s and 60s. I'll take that in January any time. Although we're almost a month into the new year, I'm still happy to report that I'm feeling really motivated to work on all of my 2012 goals. Lately I've:
-Lost a couple of pounds. Not much, but something.
-Joined a gym! I'm actually really excited about this.
-Have not shopped. At all. No clothes, home items, nothing. I am most proud of this one!
-Have been saving money other ways as well--less eating out!
-Reserved a copy of The Happiness Project at the library (saving money and reading more). Excited about this one too...picking up my copy tonight!
-Doing a painting party/girls' wine night tomorrow night. This counts as taking a class, right?
Lots of fun things happening over here. I had a bummer of a day yesterday, for various (mostly work related reasons), so I'm happy that today is a new, happy day, and that I can think about all the wonderful things I'm doing with my life in 2012. Its easy to get bogged down by the little things, but always important to remember all the good.
Now I want to focus on the Great Closet Cleanout and donate/consign some things that are not perfect for me. I need to get over my want for quantity in the closet, and shoot more for quality items that I love. Working on this next, and working more on shopping in my own closet!
How are your resolutions holding up? Any awesome stories or tips to share?
No comments:
Post a Comment