Thursday, September 25, 2008

good times, for the most part

My birthday had a great finish yesterday. I got to leave my desk about an hour early to go to a retirement party, where I ate way too many party finger foods, but it was really yummy:) Then I picked up Mom and we went to Crabtree to pick out something for my bday before dinner. I was trying to decide between some adorable Coach tennis shoes and new rainbows--turns out they didn't have my size in the Coach, and they DON'T MAKE my favorite kinds of rainbows anymore!! Grr. The guy told me you can definitely still find them online, so my goal for today is to peruse the internet until I find them--and then i'll hoard as many pairs as possible! Hopefully i'll be successfull. Then we met my dad for dinner at McCormick and Schmick's--so delicious & really pretty interior/nice atmosphere. I had Alaskan salmon stuffed with a mixture of crab, shrimp and brie. I'm pretty much drooling right now just thinking about it. Afterwards my dad gave me a bunch of Wake Forest stuff (coffee mug, mouse pad, etc) for my "new office", whenever I finally get one. And I got lots of calls from my fabulous friends which I didn't have time to return, but hopefully will today:) Excellent day overall--and I can't wait for Friday to celebrate out with friends in Raleigh. I just wish everyone could make it, even though we're all spread out!

I just got back from an interview this morning with a bank in Cary, and I'm thoroughly disappointed. I actually had pretty high hopes for this one, and then I get there and they say "oh you'll be sitting out at the front desk answering 1000 calls per day". Great. NOT. I don't mean to be a snob or anything like that, but I didn't bust my butt for the past 4 years at a top 20 b-school to asnwer phones all day, thank you very much. Whatever...its just very frustrating. I'm sick of interviewing and ready to get a job--but i'm definitely not going to settle for just anything. I also got a message from the Richmond bank I interviewed with last week. I'm almost afraid to return the call, because if they offer me a job, thats going to throw me & my plans for a loop, but i'll give her a call this afternoon to see what she has to say. If I get an offer, i'm definitely not taking it on the spot--I have too many other irons in the fire right now that would be preferable for me. Sigh. The process is never ending.

But, I am determined today will be a good/non-stressful day! I've got a doctor's appt this afternoon, so i'm leaving work early, then i'm having dinner out with Sara. Tomorrow is a half day at the office, then going home, hopefully getting a haircut, packing for vacation(!) and going out with the girls tomorrow night as a belated bday celebration! All of these things are fabulous. Life is good.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Hi! You sound like you're in such a good place right now. It's great! I hope you have a wonderful next couple of days.

Kristin said...

My two cents on your hair: you would look fabulous with a katie holmes-esq bob. Or a longer one like gweneth paltrow. think about it. but, your hair is gorgeous long too (don't think i'm saying it isn't).

Brittany said...

haha i appreciate the input. i was actually thinking something like gwen's, because my face is too round to go above shoulder length. i'm going to look for pictures online today.