Friday, June 19, 2009

There's nothing like a 9 carat diamond...


to bring loads of happiness into my life. Sigh.

Yesterday we finished up work early and had enough free time to drive up to West Palm Beach, aka heaven on earth, and stroll around. The beach was stunningly beautiful. Just gorgeous. White sand, clear turquoise water. So gorgeous that I didn't even care that I got sunburned in approx 45 total minutes of being outside. That is paradise. We also walked down the beautiful and ridiculously luxurious Worth Ave (think: Rodeo Drive of the east). Obviously couldn't afford to buy much of anything, but a (very, very attractive) young man/jewelry salesman came to my rescue, and offered me a crystal glass of cold water and the chance to, oh ya know, just try on a few giagantic diamonds just for fun. Again I say, heaven on earth. And note to future husband, wherever you may be out there: now that I've experienced that kind of beauty on my finger, I don't think I can go back. A 7-9 carat Asscher cut engagement ring would be great, thanks:)

So yesterday was the first day of what I have decided is going to be the best summer ever. Cliche, I know, but I don't care. I've been too caught up in life lately..too bummed out about various things, and that's not acceptable anymore. Happiness is a conscious decision & effort, and I plan to make myself the happiest I've ever been this summer. After all, no one can make me happy more than myself. I have a wonderful life, wonderful friends, and I'm so lucky. I just need to let myself enjoy life every once in a while. No more worrying/stressing/feeling anxious about whatever may (or may not) be going on in my life at the moment. I plan to spend this summer meeting new people, doing awesome things with friends, visiting NC and traveling a ton for work. And I'm going to have a great time while I do it. I'm thrilled for the possibilities, and I just hope that I can keep up my mood and enthusiasm. I know I will, because I won't let myself feel any other way! Its the perfect time for this refocus to happen too...so much is possible, I can't even comprehend!

So, the summer kicked off with some huge diamond rings...sounds about right, doesn't it? Next up, a visit from my mom and granny this weekend, filled with shopping and fun in general. I can't wait to see them. I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

And one last side note: Jess is having a boy eeek! So unbelievable. Congratulations!

No comments: