Thursday, July 9, 2009

Friends

I apologize for the lack of blogging this week, but its been a pretty busy week out of the office. The good news is that we got lots of things done in just a few days, and i'm excited to be Atlanta-bound this afternoon. I can't wait to see my meat-n-eat group tonight. We're meeting at a cute place on the Marietta Square where the girls took me one night about a month ago. Its been ages since I spent any time with the girls--I hope we have lots of time to hang out this weekend before my marathon month-o-travel. I definitely want to get to see my friend Kate too, because she's moving back to Mississippi soon and I'll miss her once she leaves!

Right now I'm mostly excited for these reasons:

1. Kristin will be here in 4 days!! I am thrilled to see her. Although we talk on almost a daily basis, I haven't seen her since our New Orleans trip back in February. She is the best friend I could ask for, and she has been so wonderful to listen to me complain/be sad/be crazy on the phone in these last couple of months. I wish Monday night would hurry up and get here already!


2. Sarina will be here next weekend! Another one of my closest friends on the world, I am so lucky to have her. She is another person who's nice enough to put up with my insanity on the phone. I haven't seen Sarina since last fall at Wake homecoming...way too long ago.




3. Washington DC reunion with Ash, Katie, Kristin, Sarina and Emily in less than a month! This makes me unbelievably happy on so many levels. I can't even think about it right now, because I'll just want to speed up time and get to DC already!


I'm so thankful for my summer of reunions. My friends from Wake are some of my dearest friends in the world. They probably know me better than anyone else, and I feel like I can share anything with them. They have been so wonderful to me in the past couple of months when I've had lots of craziness going on and needed my best friends to get me through...and that's saying a lot considering they are all hundreds of miles away from me. I love them so much and can't wait to see them and hang out with them and just have fun. I don't say it enough, but I'm such a lucky girl. I have more wonderful friends in my life than anyone could ask for, and it seems like I keep making new ones in Georgia all the time. Hooray!

2 comments:

emily said...

well, first of all...the friend by friend recap + photo just made me super excited. and secondly, i think photo number 3 wins as best summation of what life will be like in less than one month!! look out, DC, here we come :)

Kristin said...

YAY!
Tomorrow!