Hi again dear readers! I feel like there has been so much going on lately, and I have so much to type about, but I can't remember any of the things I wanted to say. Hmm...maybe this is a sign that I'm getting old a little too quickly.
First, a life update. I realize that my last post was a downer, but whatever. Some days just kind of suck, and Friday was one of those days unfortunately. Just kind of blah and thinking about all kinds of things I shouldn't have been thinking about and hanging around the apartment all day by myself. Not such a great way to spend a day off. I'll admit: even makeup and shoe shopping could not perk me up, which is rare. Usually retail therapy is just the ticket, but lately I've been a little bored with shopping. Insanity, I know. So, Friday was sucky and boring and unfortunately that feeling carried over to Saturday morning. But luckily, I perked myself up because Amy and Sarah came over to spend the night! We went to the Braves game in the afternoon--so fun, they beat the Phillies in the bottom of the 9th (and I actually know what "bottom of the 9th" means). Our seats were in the shade the whole time, too. Overall, really awesome. Afterwards, we went to Trader Joe's to stock up on deliciousness before going out for the evening. We started at Moon Dogs, which was really fun and cheap and smoky, in a college bar kind of way. Then we moved over to Fado for the rest of the evening. I had a really great time with the girls!
Sunday morning, we all woke up feeling pretty gross even though we didn't go too crazy the night before. Again, I'm old. We had lunch at Tin Lizzy's and I spent the rest of the afternoon being a lazy bum on the couch with all my new HD channels. Also chatted with Sarina on the phone, which is always nice. We feel the same way about a lot of things, and I feel like we're going through a similar life situation right now. In short, I don't feel so crazy once I talk to her, which is a good feeling (especially since I feel like the crazy has kind of been taking over me lately).
Overall a good weekend. Having the girls spend the night also reinforced my want for a roommate. It was awesome having them around to make dinner with, get ready with, and just to sit around watching tv with on Sunday morning. Its definitely the little things like that I miss the most about having a roomie. Hopefully something will work out by the time my lease is up!
In other news, I'm finally back in my office after the whopping four weeks out. I've felt kind of antsy here all day, but I'm having fun catching up with everyone. I was especially excited to meet the two new people in my office. They are both young and really nice. I'm so excited to have more friends here now--and my age!
And of course I must comment on all the celeb news I've been neglecting as of late:
1. Jon and Kate is still depressing. I try my best not to watch, but just can't stop. Also, I read on US Weekly this morning that this week is the one year anniversary of their vow renewal in Hawaii. How sad.
2. Kourtney Kardashian is pregnant. With her creepy ex-bf's baby. Need I say more?
3. Melissa Joan Hart and Aaron Carter are both going to be on DWTS next season. That might be enough to finally put me over the edge and force me to watch!
No comments:
Post a Comment