Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Currently

So many good things (and maybe 1 or 2 not so good things) happening lately. Thanksgiving was wonderful. It is always good to visit NC and see my friends and family. It seems like there is never enough time, and I didn't get to see everyone I wanted to, but alas. I'll be there next month for Christmas! I also finally got to meet SCD's fiance, which was great. I am so looking forward to the wedding next year!

Other good things include:
1. Shopping here and there, for myself and gifts for others. I love Christmas. I also love Black Friday (although I'm definitely not a 4am shopper).
2. Eating delicious, not good for me food. I baked a sweet potato pound cake for Thanksgiving which was a big hit, and tonight I plan on making my special peanut butter chocolate cups for everyone in the office. Recipe to follow!
3. Condo searching. Its a lot of fun, but sadly not over yet (see bad things below).
4. A little surprise cash flow came my way this week, and I have always been a firm believer that found money is meant to be spent on frivolous things! I have been craving a Burberry coat for a while now but have since concluded that's not a smart purchase at the moment. But I took it as a sign from the gods when the Tiffany & Co. catalog showed up in my mailbox yesterday. I think I will be making a special purchase for myself for Christmas, and still managing to save about 2/3 of my windfall!
5. Christmas, in general. My tree is up and I bought the cutest set of 12 Days of Christmas ornaments from Crate and Barrel last week. Love. Soon I will be baking up a storm and singing Christmas carols and sending out Christmas cards. My favorite time of the year :)

Bad things..or one bad thing in particular:
1. I am a Property Virgin (shout out to HGTV, my current addiction), and of course that makes me more emotionally attached to my upcoming condo purchase. In short, I found the perfect place. I adored the location, the size, the price. My parents and John saw it last weekend and of course liked the 2nd place I showed them more than my favorite (and it was supposed to be for comparison sake ONLY). So, it took me a few extra days to make an offer becuase I had to convince the haters that it was the right place. Last Tuesday rolls around when I am prepared to make an offer, and BOOM--realtor calls and says someone put a contract on it on Monday night. WTF? It had been on the market for a year.

I figure if its meant to be, it will be. I put in an offer in case the other contract goes bad, but otherwise I've moved on and managed to dig around for 5 new places I really like. I'm going to see them this week! Wish me luck for speedy find and that the right place will be mine!

As for life in general, I am currently loving:
1. Lists, obviously.
2. Peppermint everything. Today it was the peppermint chip milkshake from Chickfila.
3. Balsam woods candle from Bath & Body Works.
4. Groupon. I can't wait to use my $50 to Nordstrom Rack that only cost $25!
5. John, for being sweet and always picking me up from the airport so I don't have to ride Marta with the sketchsters.
6. Sugar free instant apple cider packets. Yum.
7. Party dresses. I'm searching for the perfect one for Lydia's wedding, and I think I may have found it at the Limited. Let's just hope the one I ordered online fits!
8. Weddings in general. I just found out yet another friend is engaged--yay!
9. Being home for 5 mintues...although the travel starts back up next week.
10. Uggs. They are the miracle of footwear.

No comments: