Friday, January 14, 2011

Progress

I'm happy to report on the variety of progress I've made this week:

1. I made it out of the house! If you are not currently in Atlanta, you probably don't understand how major this is. We have been covered in about 3-4 inches of snow and 1 think inch of ice all week. ALL the roads were terrible (the city apparently owns 10 plows...no lie). Thank goodness for my coworker Erica who lives across the street, or else I wouldn't have had any human contact. I finally made it back into the office yesterday (YAY), although there aren't many people here. I'm just happy not to be staring at the same 4 walls of my apartment.
2. As mentioned above, I socialized. Ok, ok...Erica and I were basically forced to socialize, but it was great! And I'm excited to have a Miss America slumber party with my friend Sarah on Saturday night! Go me for doing at least one social thing per week and seeing friends more regularly. I think I'll spend some time today researching some fun weight watchers recipes and snacks for tomorrow night.
3. Declutter. I didn't actually do much of this, but I did go through all my socks and unmentionables to get rid of anything I just never wear. Everything is being cleaned out slowly in anticipation for my upcoming move.
4. Eat well. I did okay this week. Being snowed in for 3 days with not much food on hand was not good. And I had 2 unplanned restaurant meals. But all in all, I lost another pound (3 total since new year's eve)! I'm happy with my progress and think that I will do even better with a fully stocked fridge and more normal working schedule next week. I also need to stop weighing throughout the week and ONLY do Friday, which is my dedicated WW day. I'll put that on the list for next week.
5. Spending less. I've kind of been forced into that one. I didn't do any shopping last weekend, and certainly not this week. Although....I am thinking of going to the mall tomorrow (mostly for human contact, I promise!). But the LOFT is having 40% your entire purchase. This might not be good for me. Sigh. I'll probably end up there anyway, but maybe I just won't spend. We'll see.

I hope y'all had an awesome week, with or without the snow. Happy (long) weekend! xoxo

No comments: