Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Around the house

Here are some of the photos I promised of my home decor progress (apologies in advance for blackberry pictures):


New kitchen rug courtesey of West Elm. In person, its much more light gray than black. I really like the stripes on the wood floor, and the bit of red is a little fun!



Quatrefoil platter, also courtesey of West Elm. I thought this piece was just too pretty not to buy, and the shape is special to Phi Mu (my sorority pin in college was in the shape). No clue where its going yet (hence its just sitting on my fireplace currently), but I love it!




End tables for the couch--this one has a match, but I didn't feel the need to photograph both. I'm really looking forward to getting rid of my crappy Target bookcase in the corner, moving some lamps and picture frames to the tables, and maybe putting some of my colored glass vases on the bottom. I picked those up from a furniture store in NC last time I was visiting my parents for less than $100 for the pair.



Not too exciting, but I'm so happy to finally have a new towel rack in my bathroom! Now, to get some cute monogrammed towels, or maybe an Anthropology splurge :)


Finally, a desk! I have something to fill the weird nook under my stairs, and finally place to actually "work from home" after 2.5 years of working from my couch. This was also a find in NC--$50 more than the Ikea version, for real furniture, plus a matching chair! I think i'm going to reupholster the seat in something really crazy. I'm excited!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I really like the desk!