Monday, March 30, 2009

Et cetera

I was sad to wake up to come to work this morning...the weekend totally flew by (which is a good thing, because I was feeling weirdly anxious about spending my first big chunk of time alone since the break-in).

Atlanta was having serious monsoon weather from last Wednesday through Saturday. Four straight days of grayness and pouring rain. It was actually kind of nice, because Friday I stayed in, made myself dinner and did some quality tv watching/sleeping. Saturday I had my morning massage appt (Thank God), and then did some unnecessary shopping right across the street. I had fun rummaging through the clearance aisles at Ulta and I got two really cute dresses at TJ Maxx. I swear, the TJ Maxx in Buckhead is the best in the world. They regularly have really high end designers (this time I spotted Marc Jacobs and Valentino), but all the prices are awesome. Granted, I didn't need to be spending money period, but at least I didn't shell out a fortune for the stuff I got. Best find: a Lilly Pulitzer sundress for $50. Excellent. I love getting out and about early on a Saturday morning because the stores are so much less crowded, and then I was back home in time for lunch--it just made the whole day seem that much longer. Saturday night I went to a new restaurant called Lime--mexican tapas and tequila bar. It was delcious and I made some new friends in the big group! Sunday was fairly lazy too. It finally stopped raining, but was only about 45 degrees (wtf?), so I mostly cleaned and went to Target. Last night I went over to Andrew's house for our usual Sunday night tv watching routine. It was so nice to see him, too. I miss him when I don't see him all week. But of course now I am le tired from staying up late, and I'm drinking some yummy hazelnut coffee to wake me up:)

New week, new things to look forward to:
1. Four day work week--Friday is my flex day off!
2. Getting my new tv tomorrow night.
3. Having someone who knows how to hook up said tv:)
4. Pop culture trivia on Tuesday! It's been too long.
5. Hopefully warmer and sunnier weather.
6. April--goodbye March!
7. Interesting things to do at work.
8. Forcing myself to cook real dinners during the week.
9. Getting back into my gym routine (I went Saturday AND Sunday!).
10. Sending my taxes off for my refunds!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

You have inspired me to go to the gym too! God knows I haven't been since last year :(