Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Where did spring time go??

Rainy, gray day in Atlanta. I just got back from a nice team lunch with my co-workers. Excellent food, and I really like my co-workers. Pretty decent day overall (plus: there is an ice cream sundae bar this afternoon!!).

Last night Mom and I made dinner and walked around my apartment complex. I finally found the tennis courts and "urban veggie garden"...I'm going to try to force myself to take a few laps around every night now that the weather is better. Its so nice having Mom here this week, and just having someone at home at the end of the workday. Its something that I didn't really realize that I missed when I moved in Georgia. She's leaving tomorrow though, so it'll be back to business as usual:(

Still not sure what I'll be up to this weekend. I'm not exactly looking forward to it--Mom will be gone, A will be out of town, and other than dinner on Saturday night, I'm pretty much on my own. And without my lovely tv. Sigh. One thing I DON'T need to do is shop...I hit the outlets pretty hard this weekend, so spending extra money is not a good option. Maybe I'll get some good extra sleep and do some walking around and exploring. Maybe I'll go to the High Museum too. That always makes me happy:) Any good weekend ideas, my friends? I miss you and wish you were here to hang out with me (hint hint:come visit!).

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm working on the visit! This summer for sure. Weekends alone are hard. Here's what I would probably do- sleep as late as possible. Make myself pancakes for breakfast. Watch whatever girly tv is on until I feel like a slob. Then, get into workout gear and go to the gym/run outside, whatever. Take the longest, most relaxing shower possible. Put on a fabulous outfit. Eat a picnic lunch in a park. go to a museum (natural history is my go to in nyc- if i'm ever missing look for me in the gem room). On the way home, check out movie times or stop by blockbuster for some comedies. call friends, call your mother, babble to them for as long as they can stand it. debate taking yourself out to a fabulous dinner for one. bring a good book. watch movie. sleep.

also fun: jewelry making stores, paint pottery shops, pick a neighborhood you haven't been to and explore. call someone in your phone you havent' spoken with in the longest time, just to say hello. go to the public library and check out some new reading material. people watch the freaks in the library (i dont know about atl, but in nyc a large number of weirdos hang out at the library).

hope this helps! call me whenever- except for friday evening i'll be at a scholarship dinner. other than that, i'm alway willing to talk.

Kristin said...

OMG that was way longer than i meant it to be.

Brittany said...

Hehe I appreciate the advice:)