Friday, March 13, 2009

The most wonderful time of the year...

Atlanta has been invaded by ACC basketball and I couldn't be more pleased. I just read online that the WF team is staying at the W Midtown hotel, right near my office! So many Wake people so close by, its great! Again, I'm getting used to the fact that everyone here is not nearly as obsessed as myself. If I were still in high school, we wouldn't be doing anything today. We'd be sitting in our classrooms with the lights off and the games on tv. Gamecasting from my cubicle while everyone else is working just isn't quite the same atmosphere... Wake plays tonight at 7 versus Maryland. Should be an excellent game. I was also happy to see GA Tech win over Clemson yesterday. The ACC tournament is nothing if not full of upsets.

Enough about sports..its almost the weekend! I'm only working about a half day today, then I'm heading home to get myself organzied to go to Chicago next week for work! Can't wait for my first trip to the windy city, even though I know I won't have that much time to see anything and I'll be freezing my butt off. Travel is probably the number one reason I was really excited to get my job, and I'm very lucky to get to see new and (not so) exciting places on a regular basis. It should be a really fun week.

Tonight is date night with A, and we're going to a club he belongs to for dinner. I'm excited to get a little more dressed up than usual! Then we'll probably sit around and play wii for hours...the usual. Tomorrow I've got plans with a couple friends here in ATL, and of course plenty of bball viewing in between. Sounds like a heavenly weekend to me!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I love it that Basketball gets you excited. Amazes me.

oo lala a fancy date tonight!