I'm home sick today. I didn't sleep well at all last night, was sick during the night and feel pretty gross this morning. I hope I feel better this afternoon, and can make it into the office for a little while, but I'm not so sure about that. Plus, I don't want to infect my co-workers with any of the weirdness I've got.
Normally I'd just lay around and self-medicate for a (hopefully) bug like this one, but I've already made myself a doctor's appt this morning. I'm not taking any chances on being sick for my beach weekend--HELLZ NO!! Unacceptable. So hopefully I can get some medicine to cure me and I'll be as good as new in a couple days. Fingers crossed!
EDITED TO ADD:
There is nothing more depressing than being sick when you live alone. There was no one to drive me to the doctor, no one to take my prescription to the pharmacy and no one to bring me water and check on me all day. Sigh. Just one of those days when I miss my Mom, I guess:( I never did make it to work--I've had a low fever all day. I feel better than I did this morning, so hopefully this virus will be gone asap. At least I've got my meds, a big glass of water and all the cough drops I could possibly want (I don't have a cough, I just like to eat them and they make my throat feel good!). Ugh, alright. Back to the boredom of being alone in my bed all day...hopefully I'll be better and back at work tomorrow! Send me healthy vibes, friends!
1 comment:
I'm sending you healthy vibes!! Being sick blows, thats all there is to it. But living alone while sick is extra bad! Especially when there's no food in your apartment and you're really sick and you just want your mom to bring you matzah soup and you think you'll starve to death and die of a cold and no one will notice.....
okay, i get a little mello dramatic when i'm sick.
Post a Comment