Monday, February 7, 2011

(Still) waiting

Of course, I heard nothing from the realtors this weekend about any progress on the house/closing date. I'm used to it at this point, but its really starting to stress me out. I have a bad tendency to stress most about things I have no control over, and this is one of those things. I've had a lucky streak of no work travel for about the past two months (which is a long time for me). And of course, now that my travel will start up again soon (although not too much), its still starting again. And there will be weeks that I'm not in town at all. I've also got some personal things happening too--all good, yay! I'm going to Florida for a mini-vacay/wedding weekend, and then Kristin is hopefully coming to visit in early March. Ugh. I just don't want to stress about closing/moving while all of that's going on, but alas, I have no control. I'll just have to make it work whenever I finally do get some news. Le sigh.

This was a good 3 day weekend for me. Friday I went to the mall and picked up a lovely wedding gift for Lydia (wedding weekend officially starts in 10 days and I could NOT be more excited). I also broke my no-shop February rule (I know....already), but I only spent $7! I got a pretty black cocktail dress at Loft--for $7. Amazing find that I could not pass up. I'm still considering no-shop February a success so far. I had dinner with a co-worker on Friday night and discovered a great new Mexican place. With $15 pitchers of margaritas. Yes please! Saturday was mostly spent in Alabama at John's sister's house, hanging out and playing with her very cute little girls. We tried a delicious new restaurant in Fayetteville on Saturday night, and then did the opposite of fine dining on Sunday and went to Waffle House, which was very delicious. All in all not a terrible eating weekend. Sadly I didn't lose any weight at last Friday's weigh-in, so I'm feeling more motivated to eat better and do more exercizing this week. Hopefully it'll go well.

I also half-way watched the Super Bowl last night, which is more than I usually do. I saw a few commercials, which I enjoyed and the game was pretty exciting overall. I definitely did not enjoy the halftime show, though. Fergie needs permanent auto-tune. I did enjoy the dancers and the lights/moving stage. Very well thought out, but overall boring and off-key.

I hope you all had fabulous weekends! Happy Monday xoxo

No comments: