Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Home project updates

I've been a little slack when it comes to my home decor projects lately, but as of last night, I'm happily back on track! I spent most of my evening painting (which I am very bad at), so now my bedroom is about 60% complete. I ended up having to do two coats, so the whole room is now painted, but 2 of the walls need one more coat. Not too bad. Here's a really terrible Blackberry photo taken at approximately 6:30 this morning. The paint looks more gray and less light blue in person (and better lighting).


I also finally got to pick up the fabric I'm going to use for my long-awaited headboard project this weekend. Its a Croscill fabric ordered from JoAnn's during one of their many 40% off sales. I really like it! I am just now coming to the realization that everything in my house is turning blue all of a sudden. I need to find a way to remedy this. I'm thinking of incorporating some hot pinks or orange or purple somehow. Thoughts?



Hopefully the headboard project will be a go next weekend. I could start this weekend, but frankly, Saturday is my birthday and I don't plan on doing any manual labor or using tools to celebrate another year of my life! I do plan to get a little more painting done tonight or tomorrow, and get that all finished very soon. Countdown to Sara's bachelorette weekend is getting smaller, so my self-imposed decorating deadline is getting close.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Love the blue! I'm a sucker for blue paint also, and I loooove the blue fabric for the headboard!