Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Official Day of NC Basketball

Tonight, there is not only a Wake vs. NC State game (not televised=not happy), but there is also the UNC vs. Duke game. Basically the equivalent of an unofficial holiday at home. Today is one of those days when I really, really miss North Carolina.

My job in downtown ATL is finishing up today, so I'll be back in the office for the rest of the week. It still warm here today, but really gray skies. I've got a nice view of the capitol building from the room I'm in, and the huge dome looks especially gold against the dark gray sky. A very pretty and sort of unusual sight in the skyline. Its little things like this that make me love big city life. I would not see that in good old WF, NC.

Last night I went to Best Buy and was pleasantly surprised that they had the most amazing chick flicks on sale for $4.99 for Valentine's week! I got When Harry Met Sally (classic), You've Got Mail (another classic...seriously, where is Meg Ryan in the romcoms these days??) and Pride and Predjudice (sigh). And all for $15. I heart Best Buy. Tonight I might need a serious chick flick evening.

Nothing much else to report. I'm hanging out with Andrew tomorrow night..not sure what we're doing, but I'm hoping for a trivia night somewhere! I really miss my Thursday nights at Foothills in Winston, and I really need to keep my trivia brain waves flowing--I can't risk losing my expertise! Also, I got the J. Crew catalog in the mail the other day and finally started looking through it this morning. GORGEOUS! I want everything, as usual. I can't wait until shorts weahter is here!!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

I miss foothills too.