Tuesday, February 24, 2009

2 days until fun!

Currently: reading God Save the Sweet Potato Queens, eating a tart apple and drooling over the brunch menu at Brennan's in New Orleans. I'm thinking the gumbo/eggs benedict/bananas foster combo sounds pretty perfect. And the "brandy milk punch" sounds very interesting indeed. I cannot physically wait until Thursday. This will be my first real grown up vacation--paid for by myself, no parents, staying in a real hotel instead of whatever crappy place a college student can afford. I love being financially independent!

A few things I hope Kristin and I can do while we are there:
1. Bourbon street..enough said.
2. Eating at Brennan's, obviously.
3. Jackson Square.
4. Cafe du Monde and the French Quarter Market.
5. Voodoo/scary ghost tour.
6. Garden District.

YAY!

Tonight is pop culture trivia at my new favorite sports bar near my place. Any place that does trivia twice a week--especially pop culture trivia--is my kind of place! I just wish Matthew was here to enjoy it with me. No one would stand a chance with both of us on the same team:) I'm just glad I finally found a trivia partner in GA!

1 comment:

Kristin said...

ps. we should try to do the garden district tour and maybe the ghost tour on Thursday, as it looks like it might rain the rest of the time we're there.