Back in ATL after a fabulous Raleigh weekend. I purposely didn't make many plans while I was home this weekend, and that was an excellent call on my part. It was nice to be at home, run errands and shop with Mom, and just generally hang around town and relax. I always forget just how relaxing it is to be in my hometown. Home is peaceful and quiet and green everywhere. You can actually hear birds and insects and not the usual city noise I'm used to now. Atlanta is many things, but "relaxing" isn't really one of them. At least I haven't really discovered my relaxing places here just yet. I have very ambitious plans for exploring Piedmont Park and going to free concert Wednesdays in Centennial Park all summer, but as of right now the most relaxing place I can go around here is the mall (I know, I'm strange..the mall has always relaxed me). But, I really need a place to go where I don't spend tons of cash:)
Needless to say, I had a lovely time in good old NC and didn't do anything terribly special. The book sale was great (I fed my art history habit and got a ton of great/huge art history books...too bad I couldn't bring them back to ATL on the plane. oops) and I had an awesome dinner with Erin on Saturday night at North Hills. I did some quality window shopping by myself before I met her and soaked in a little of the place where I used to spend soo much of my time. It was really nice. The creme brulee cheesecake I had at dinner made me very happy too!
As great as the weekend was, I was ready to come back south yesterday afternoon. I take this as a good sign, considering how torn I've been feeling lately..missing home and feel lonely and whatnot. But I'm hoping that was just a little phase of the last few weeks. Something about May (the best month of the year, in my opinion) has given me a new lease on life.
Last night once I got back home from the airport, I went to A's house where he made me delicious fajitas, even though it was raining too much to grill outside, and we watched bad Sunday night tv as usual. I've been dragging this morning, despite my best efforts to caffienate with the extra bold brew. Tonight I'm looking forward to doing some laundry, unpacking from the weekend and going to bed early. I'm finally taking my work exam on Wednesday morning, so its like final exam cram time for me for the next two days. I feel like a college student again! If only..
I hope y'all had excellent weekends too and are having a happy Monday:)
1 comment:
Sounds like you had a great weekend!
Post a Comment